Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Eyes of My Heart

So, it's nearly midnight. I have a paper to write and a book to read. Welcome to college. Welcome to reality, or life as we perceive it.


Four Tetrarchs in Venice
embracing and united in something
beyond themselves--perhaps
history can teach us something
about friendship, no?
What a blessed day. Wednesdays can be dreadfully long--non-stop action from nine to nine--but today, like every day, was such a blessing. Even when I wanted to close my eyes and simply smack my mental snooze-button into the next hour, God would awaken the eyes of my heart in one way or another. 


I have wonderful friends. I don't express that enough. Sadly, I don't always take action, either. Through recognizing my vices and detecting particular flaws, I myself have come to discover and understand that I am not a good friend--it truly is a miracle that I even have friends!! Whether it be states, oceans, high-security dormitories, reading quizzes, or any of life's circumstances and conditions, things just have a way of jumbling up friendships. But even in the chaos of ordinary life, God reveals the extraordinary. He reveals Himself through the gift of friendship.


Throughout the day, whether it be at habitual work, the cozy Capp Bar, the monotonous sidewalks, the unproductive study-room or the Chapel, my friends have been there for me, directly and indirectly. And they don't (always) realize the love they radiate!! I feel it in their hugs, their jokes, their looks of compassion...


I could go on. I should go on. This doesn't bestow proper justice, not in the least. But, it's past midnight. Hello, college. Hello, Thursday. Time to hit the books--or maybe just the sack. 


God bless, 
Meg




Open the eyes of my heart, Lord
Open the eyes of my heart

I want to see You
I want to see You

To see You high and lifted up
Shinin' in the light of Your glory
Pour out Your power and love
As we sing holy, holy, holy

Holy, holy, holy
We cry holy, holy, holy
You are holy, holy, holy
I want to see you




No comments:

Post a Comment